From Vista Magazine, Issue 48
Butternut Squash with 12 cloves of garlic
A flavorful side that is mellow enough to go with many main dishes.
• 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 12 cloves garlic, peeled
• 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (I use dried)
• 3 cups peeled, seeded butternut squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsely
• 4 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a 9×13 baking dish, combine oil, garlic and squash. Toss well and season to taste. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes.
Remove the cover and cook for 15 minutes longer or until the squash is golden brown on the bottom, and soft when fork is poked through.
Add the parsley and stir gently. Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer to brown the cheese.